Cystic Acne is one of the most severe forms of acne. It is also very complicated to treat, as the cysts form deep inside the skin tissue, making the use of topical treatments almost pointless. Through trial and error, varying combinations of different treatment methods usually yield positive results.
Homeopathy is a form of alternative medicine based on the belief that “like cures like”. This means that the substances that cause the symptoms of the condition that needs treatment are used to make the remedy. These substances are diluted until they are present in minute amounts. Never use homeopathy instead of conventional treatments, but as complement to it. Before using homeopathic treatments, consult your medical doctor.
Homeopathy for Cystic Acne
Homeopathic remedies are made from metals, herbs, and various natural elements. The substances are diluted as much as possible, then sugar pills are soaked in the diluted solution. The pills are not swallowed whole but are held under the tongue, so that they are absorbed slowly.
You can visit a homeopath who will look at your physical, emotional, intellectual, and environmental makeup, to decide the proper treatment for your cystic acne. Alternatively you can visit a natural food store instead of seeing a trained homeopath. Information is usually available in these stores, that lists symptoms and their remedies.
Popular homeopathic remedies for cystic acne:
- SulphurSulphur is one of the most popular remedies for severe, painful cystic acne. Sulphur sometimes develops in skin infections, so diluted sulphur is a homeopathic remedy. Homeopathy also relies on personality traits, so people who are unorganized, unclean, and have complex thoughts signal the need for sulphur treatments.
- Kali BromatumThis is a diluted potash salts solution that you can use to treat cystic acne, deep in the skin tissue. It works well in the forehead area, and on the neck and shoulders.
- Graphite.Yellow pus filled acne cysts on the face often respond well to a diluted solution of carbon.
- Silicea.Use Silicea when you have pus filled cysts that may leave pits, scars and marks. Diluted mineral silica solution is useful as a remedy. A person who feels cold, fatigued or nervous benefits from silicea as well.
- Belladonna.The roots, leaves and tops of this plant are useful as a homeopathic remedy for cystic acne. The berries are toxic, and should never be used. This diluted solution is good for inflamed, pus filled acne because it has anti-inflammatory properties.